Want a better career? then take action to make it happen.
Leadership coaching is hot. What once had a stigma (“It’s so bad you needed to get a coach for help?”) has become a status symbol (“You’re so valuable you get a coach?”). According to Paul Michelman, editor of Harvard Business School’s Management Update,
“Whereas coaching was once viewed by many as a tool to help correct underperformance, today it is becoming much more widely used in supporting top producers. In fact, in a 2004 survey by Right Management Consultants, 86% of companies said they used coaching to sharpen the skills of individuals who have been identified as future organizational leaders.”
If you’re still on the fence regarding leadership coaching, here are 10 reasons it can help your career:
1. You want success faster – You will accelerate your results by applying the experience of another in your own career and working a predetermined plan and process for improvement.
2. Ideas for ways to improve that you may not see - Awareness of blind spots is one of the key things that you receive from getting an outside opinion on things.
3. Dedicated time to make progress – You can have all of the advice and know exactly what to do, but if you don’t do anything with it, it’s useless. Carving out time is essential, and that’s why The Leadership Playbook has been kept in its simple format.
4. Support and confidence – You may know what the right decisions and behaviors are in your leadership, but coaching can provide you with the extra evidence/support to be able to lead with confidence.
5. Positivity – Constructive progress and insight with a focus on what you can do, not what you can’t do. When you need something to go right, this can be it.
6. Build your achievement muscle – Every day and every week you will be learning and accomplishing. Success is a result of what we do, and if we are continually moving towards our goals we are building muscles that will serve us well into the future.
7. Objective truth – The truth is often hard to listen to, and even harder to follow. By being completely objective and not having any “skin in the game”, the truth from a leadership coach can carry more weight and actually be easier to follow.
8. Confidential – By taking your coaching outside the organization and working through it personally you need not worry about everyone finding out the areas you may be struggling.
9. Lack of a mentor – Every great leader has had a mentor at one point or another, but finding a mentor within your organization is not always easy. Leadership coaching fills that gap for you.
10. Gain clarity and make better decisions – You will be exposed to ideas and concepts that you may not have been able to be exposed to before. By rounding out your knowledge base you will see your operation in a clearer light and be able to use that clarity to make better decisions.
Limited Time Trial Offer
The Leadership Playbook
Remember that the Special Trial Offer is still available for $21.98 and includes 3 eBooks and your first month of the Leadership Playbook. A huge value for you. Again, if you aren't 100% satisfied, you can cancel at any time and I'll refund your last payment.
Want a better career? Then take action! Get 50% Off The Leadership Playbook during your trial for the life of your subscription. Only $9.99 p/month. If you aren’t satisfied with your progress you can cancel at any time and I’ll refund your last payment.